To apply for the European Geologist (EurGeol) title, it is necessary to become a member of one of EFG’s National Associations. Some of these associations (CHGEOL, CNG, ICOG, IGI, GSL) directly award the EurGeol title via their Licensed Bodies. If you wish to process your application via one of these associations, please approach them for all further information. You can find all contact details here.
For all other countries, the application is processed via the International Licensed Body (ILB) managed by EFG. A National Vetting Committee (NVC) from your membership association will evaluate your application. In this case, please follow the steps detailed here below:
- Register and create your profile at https://eurgeoltitle.eu/register
- Identify and contact 2 sponsors who are European Geologist title holders and can support your application. You may identify and contact sponsors directly via the EurGeol directory: https://eurgeoltitle.eu/eurgeols/
- Contact the National Vetting Committee of your national association which will evaluate your application. You can find all contact details here.
- Scan all supporting documents required for your application (university diploma, training certificates, conference participation, professional reports, etc.).
- Complete your CV on the EurGeol platform.
- Write your professional practice report. For all requirements regarding this report, please check page 3 of the EFG Regulation E1.
- Download the application form and ask the contact persons for the different sections to sign the column on the right side (‘signatory’s initials’).
- Ask your sponsors to complete the document with their signatures and fill in the sponsor letters.
- Sign yourself the declaration at the end of the application form.
- Send the full application including your supporting documentation and professional practice report to the National Vetting Committee in charge of your application.
- The National Vetting Committee will schedule an interview with you.
- If your application is approved, EFG will invoice you. The application fee amounts to 73€ (35€ administrative charge + 38€ first annual subscription).
- Once you have settled the invoice, EFG will send you a title certificate together with all further information.
- To maintain your title, you will need to submit an annual CPD report and settle a title renewal fee.
- In case you need any further guidance for the application procedure, please don’t hesitate to contact our Office Manager Pierangelo Bianco (info.efg_at_eurogeologists.eu). You also have the possibility to participate in the EFGeoMentoring programme where title holders will be happy to guide you through the application.
All further details on the EurGeol title application are also provided in Regulation E1.
Contact details of EFG’s National Licensed Bodies (NLBs) and National Vetting Committees (NVCs):
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
ICOG – NLB
IGI – NLB
CHGEOL – NLB
- United Kingdom
GSL – NLB